The Mighty Mighty Rudds

We are us! We dedicate this blog to nothing in particular. It's just a bunch of stuff that I feel like writing! I can't promise that it will be updated frequently but I will try to scrounge up something of interest every once in a while! I wouldn't want to disappoint our eager fans!! Hold onto your seats this is going to be an exciting ride!!

Monday, March 3, 2008

tennis shoes to church



So for the past few weeks I have been wearing tennis shoes to church...not because I am trying a new fashion trend or because it's easier to chase children through the parking, all valid reasons however, but because I have arthritis in my toe (laughable I know). You may be asking yourself "Hm how does domething like this happen to a 28 year old?" and even if you are not I will tell you...because of some bad advice I received in College a broken toe went untreated and the result is surgery this week on my big toe. The boot in the pic is what will be strapped to my leg for a few weeks (the girl is just Emily being a camera hog). So do yourself a favor...if you ever break a toe go to the Doctor because you never know how much you use your toes untill you can't! Maybe someday I will be able to wear my cute shoes again, we can all hope because tennies with a skirt should only be done...okay it really should never be done. So wish me luck and in case something goes wrong :) I leave my husband and children to Chelsea--lucky lucky girl!

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hmmm....are you SURE you wanna do that? :) I love them and all, but good heavens...Heh heh (nervous laughter). Besides, did you forget that my feet aren't in top-notch condition either? Mine has a screw in it! AND someone recently told me that my right foot looks like Africa. That can't be a good sign. Collin's new haircut is adorable, by the way.

Tassi Smith said...

Good luck with the surgery. My feet are good. If Chelsea is not up for the challenge we will take in your family.

Shelley said...

Oooo, ouch! Good luck with the surgery. I hope your fam will give you lots of help.

Shawna said...

Good luck! Ouch!
Collin is adorable. I love little boys with the buzz cut. I bet he'll be liking it too when it's 110 degrees out side in a few months

Rhiannon said...

Good luck with the surgery. I'm sure it will all work out great.

Palmer family said...

Good luck with the surgery. Wish I lived closer to help you out.....for reals! When is the "big day?"

The Jones Fam said...

Sorry to hear about your toe, and good advice. Jake would second that. Now that he is in Podiatry, feet are our life (sad, but true) and cute shoes...they are considered evil. Jake will just shake his head at me when I come out in my stilettos. Okay, I don't really where stilettos, since I don't need anymore height...but you get the picture. Good luck with the surgery. I love your blog btw, and your kids are beautiful and did I mention you and Tait have not aged a bit? You guys look like you could still be in High School, just with four kids!
Take Care-Natalie

Tatum and Chase Rasmussen said...

Is the boot really that big, or is Emily just that small? haha She looks like she could fit inside of it!

Marquita said...

Sorry to hear about the surgery Bethany. I hope everything goes well.

Marquita said...

BTW, I agree with Natalie, you and Tait haven't aged a bit. (lucky) You two are as cute as ever! Ü

Sara! said...

Goodness sakes, I hope all went well! I do love the visual of tennis shoes to church, I just imagine them with a denim jumper and french braids. So polygamist wife, bless your heart. I'm so glad you've started a blog! Your family is flipping adorable!