So this morning I think I made my husband feel badly because I mowed the lawn and changed the air filter...he has been working a lot (another busy season!)and hasn't had time to get it done, so I did it this morning. Because of this I have decided to give him (and the general blog stalking community) a little gift...
Why Tait is the best husband I have ever had:
1. He does better than anyone else that I know at putting his family before anything else in his life. EX: he is willing to take crap and get less "glory" at work to be the husband and dad that he wants to be...I know this is hard for him
2. He gets up early to study his scriptures and get the kids up and fed so that I can have 20 or so more minutes to sleep.
3. When he has to leave early in the A.M. he prepares his stuff for work the night before so that he can get ready in the kitchen as to not disturb his sleeping beauty
4. He never complains when it takes me two weeks to iron his pants...he will just keep wearing the same ones...or sneak the wrinkly one when I am not looking so he doesn't make me feel badly for slacking on the ironing.
5. He rubs my feet (and back) every night and never gets bugged when I complain about my gimpy toe pain
6. He does the dishes and cleans the house, without being asked I might add.
7. He allows me the freedom to do stuff with friends, or by myself, and he doesn't make me feel guilty about it!
8. He supports my hair-brained schemes, like when I told him I was going to remodel the garage to make playroom--he let me figure out all by myself that we would then need to move all of the storage into the house thus negating the purpose of a playroom, when he could have shot me down right away.
9. He takes on extra jobs so we can pay off school loans (including mine)
10. He starts thinking about my birthday months in advance
11. He thinks about his parenting and is always thinking about how he can be better
12. He makes me do our couple scripture study at night
13. He doesn't care if I am fat or skinny and he loves my hair however I have it cut at the time
14. He cleans toilet splatter after each use and puts the seat down
15. he is terrified of wasps...oh wait that isn't a reason I just think it's pretty dang funny and wanted to share it with you
16. He is excited to teach the sunbeams
17. He discovered Haagen Daz Chocolate Sorbet
18. Doesn't care how I decorate the house, he loves whatever I do
19.tell's me I am pretty BEFORE I get ready for the day
20. He is overcoming the biggest challenge of our lives and he is doing it with grace, humility, and with the Lord's help
21. He appreciates me---he really gets that my job is hard and he APPRECIATES me and acknowledges my contribution to the family and lets me know that I am important to the world, not just our world
22. He loves the Atonement and understands it better than anyone I have ever heard discuss it
23. He is better than me and he makes me want to meet him at his level
24. He is my very best friend in the whole world, there is no one that I would rather spend my days, nights, or eternity with.
So Tait, don't be upset that you couldn't mow the lawn and change the air filter today. I promise that I will let you do the dishes tonight...or perhaps the ironing that has been in the ready, set , go position for a week!
I love you, your kids love you and we appreciate your contribution to our lives!! Have a good day and we'll see you tonight!