The Mighty Mighty Rudds

We are us! We dedicate this blog to nothing in particular. It's just a bunch of stuff that I feel like writing! I can't promise that it will be updated frequently but I will try to scrounge up something of interest every once in a while! I wouldn't want to disappoint our eager fans!! Hold onto your seats this is going to be an exciting ride!!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Get it straight

Okay, I hate that this is all political and stuff but I want to straighten something out.
I don't claim to be a person that knows everything about what is happening in our country. I don't think there is anyone that really does.
I don't trust the news, I don't listen to Glen Beck, I don't like to read the papers anymore.
The only thing that I do know for sure is that I can trust the Spirit and my instincts as a mother. On this point you may also disagree and if that is the case then I am sorry but I will not apologize for this belief. I AM NOT SAYING THAT IF YOU SEND YOUR KID TO SCHOOL YOU ARE NOT LISTENING TO THE SPIRIT. I am saying that something doesn't feel right about this for my child. Maybe she is really impressionable, maybe she is going to get hit by a bus crossing the street that morning, maybe, maybe, maybe. It is that same feeling that keeps me from allowing my kids to run around the house with a knife. AND NO I AM NOT SAYING THAT PRES. OBAMA'S SPEECH IS LIKE GIVING YOUR KID A KNIFE.
Just something feels off.
I have that right as a person and as a mother. To make decisions based on what I FEEL is right and wrong. You do what you want and believe what you want and as long as no one is trying to take away my right as a parent, I am fine.
So don't quote me on anything. Don't think I am trying to sound smart or like I know more than the next person. I am just trying (like most of you) to do what is best for my family and keep my daughter from getting hit by a bus.

By the by: check this out!! I AM NOT CLAIMING THAT IT IS AUTHENTIC OR THAT IT IS FROM PRES. BO OR THAT IF YOU LIKE IT YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON...there is actually really good ideas in it but also some creepy stuff too. It was allegedly shown as a school in Utard and the Principle was quoted as saying during the showing of this in a schoolwide assembly "Whoops. Probably should have previewed this first." I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT BUT IT IS WHAT I HEARD ON CSPAN LAST NIGHT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL9sOZUf1NQ

Have a nice day!

1 comment:

Tassi Smith said...

I love it! I have so much hope now about our future because a bunch of celebrities have pledges. What is your pledge?